Saturday, April 17, 2010

Pat Tillman Run


Today I ran in my first Pat's Run. It was the 6th annual Pat's Run in Tempe in honor or ex- Arizona Sun Devil (#42) and ex-Arizona Cardinal (#40) Pat Tillman, who quit the NFL to join the military and serve his Country after 9-11. He was killed by friendly fire in the line of duty. The Pat Tillman Foundation was started in his memory and this event raises HUGE amounts of money for this charity, and celebrates and honors a man who literally gave up everything for his Country. I was honored to be a part of it. The race starts at Sun Devil Stadium parking lot and loops 4.2 miles around the stadium and ends on the 42 yard line of Sun Devil Stadium. All the current ASU Football players were lined up to high five everyone on the way in! I felt like Rudy running onto the field of Notre Dame. ha ha ha...

Here I am before the race:

Here is Lisa before the race:

Who registers last minute for a race like this and gets the BEST number out there? Pat Tillman's #42??? Lisa- that's who!!!

or so we thought till we saw that everybody who registered the morning of got 4242!!!
Ha ha ha! We were thinking she was the luckiest bitch there!

His #40 Cardinals jersey

Us on the field after crossing the finish line!

It was a great race and I cant wait for next year's! Thanks for running with me Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment