Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nella's ONEder Fund :)

For my friends who have laughed or cried; who have been inspired to be better or love harder; who have been inspired to snap more photos; who have hugged their kids a little tighter; who have been changed as a person, mother, or friend thanks to Kelle Hampton and her blog Enjoying The Small Things, PLEASE consider making a donation to NDSSin honor of Nella's first birthday.

This money will do amazing things for the Down Syndrome community. I read her blog daily for FREE and it is better then any self help book or magazine I would easily spend $5-$20 on. I will gladly give in honor of Nella that cost of a book or magazine to say thanks to Kelle for how she inspires me and lifts me everyday. Can you join me? She is just over $2,000 away from her goal of $15,000. (UPDATE: She raised $15,000 in less than 24 hours. So she just doubled her goal to $30,000!!! The response is AMAZING!! Let's see if we can get her to $30,000! Holy cow!!)

Just look at this face!



Better yet... look at all these faces...



I know I have asked a lot of you guys this year, to donate to pediatric cancer and help me with my marathon. And I am not asking ALL of you to donate, although if all of you who read this do, I will be thrilled. I am asking those of you who have gotten anything from her to blog to simply give it back to her in this way that would mean so much to her.

http://ndss.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=461377&supid=318966917

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jill, for posting this. It was an honor to have Cami included in Kelle's blog and I know Ds mamas and papas everywhere feel so blessed when parents of typical kiddos share in our mission of education, inclusion, and acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!! I can honestly say I am changed as a person because of Moms like you and Kelle and the stories you share. I have changed my own viewpoints of the 21st chromosome and the little something extra these children have. ;)

    ReplyDelete