Thursday, June 25, 2009

Love our "Wednesdays with Friends"

With us being so busy and Ella starting school soon, I realized we don't really have that much time for playgroups or playdates like we used to. I can make time, but not without really sacrificing some other areas of responsibility like my to do list, cleaning, grocery shopping, working out, getting the cars or dogs washed etc. So I left one of my playgroups and instead just made a standing date to see my friends every Wednesday. Kind of like "Tuesdays with Morrie" (which is one of the best books EVER I might add) This is so much easier! We try to keep this one day open for each other, and so far we have had so much fun. We do a different thing each Wed, like meet at McDonalds for lunch, have a pizza party, tea parties, etc. It is so great. Not only are our kids friends and they get so excited to see and play with each other, but us Moms get some much needed time with our friends as well. Like my sister Lori said best "little friends for my kids and big friends for me!" (or something like that). Anyhow here are some photos from May/June's "Wednesdays with Friends"

Swimming at Jill's:


Lunch and Play at McDonald's:





Creative day of play at AZ Toy Town:








Tea Party at Pamela's:






Looking forward to many more great Wednesdays!

5 comments:

  1. Ok, the one of Ryen smiling is so cute I want to take her home with me. I love all the pictures you take of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!! I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! yes, it's hard to keep up with playdates, family stuff, couple time, friends, etc. I totally feel your struggle! sounds like you're working out the balance though jill-of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you guys been to Fiddlesticks? The kids might be a little too young yet though;

    http://www.fiddlesticksaz.com/tempe/?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! And if you haven't been to San Tan Flat, take the kids at night to roast marshmellows and make smores!

    http://www.santanflat.com/index.htm

    ReplyDelete