Saturday, December 4, 2010

Enchanted Island- Encanto Park

Today we had our friend Madison's birthday party at Encanto Park in Phoenix. My girls just love this place. And were so excited when they realized this was where we were going.



Our first stop was the carousel.




Our next stop was the face painter! And Ryen even got it done this time too :)





Then it was time for pizza, cake, and cuddles with my friend's baby :)




Oh and a visit from a giant Parrot, which Ella liked, but by the look on Ryen's face... um no!



Next it was time for rides!! Ella loves her roller coasters (even when she is in the only person on it)










And I just loved seeing Ryen's reaction when she went on the spinning teacups for the first time! I was afraid she would be scared or cry, or worse, throw up. Her facial expressions were priceless and I am so glad I was able to capture them.



And there is nothing like pausing to have some kisses and cuddles with your baby on a park bench on a sunny afternoon. Thank you to my friend Danielle for capturing these.



And in return, I am happy to have been able to capture these for her: her beautiful baby Katelyn! :)




And as I look back over these pictures I cant help but see the elation on these kids faces. This is what I mean when I say that kids keep you young. Children have an ability to live in the moment and to enjoy the simple things in life. And... they get to ride amusement rides till they are giddy. But so do I!! (cause I pretend they aren't tall enough or they will be scared. LOL)



Here is the birthday girl Madison



And here she is again, and then pictured with Ella and her Mom (my friend)Pamela.



Allow me to introduce you to Pamela! She is a friend I don't see often, but have such an affection for, and when we see each other we fall right back into step like I see her once a week! She is such a girly girl. She loves her makeup, her clothes, her shoes and her jewelry. She tells it like it is, and holds nothing back. She is the first to make fun of herself or talk about getting botox or plastic surgery someday and be damn proud of it. She is real and down to Earth and true to herself and you can't help but love her for it. And kids LOVE her cause, well, she is one of them... she will fight you for your tutu and not care that the size on it says 3T. She will find a way to rock it over some jeans! And she will stop on the street and encourage some littles to have a photo shoot and vogue it out with her!



She is the biggest kid of all...



... and the biggest Diva. And I LOVE HER!



The girls and I had a blast! It was a wonderful time...



... and we can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Your girls are so cute. Why are they always smiling? Because they have a great mom. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I totally laughed and smiled when I read your description of Pamela... you NAILED her! She is the best! Okay... now the upclose pics of me with a great camera make me look like I am leaving my 20's this year... I think I might be talking to Pamela about some "skin solutions!"

    ReplyDelete