Saturday, December 3, 2011

25 Days of Christmas- Meeting the Grinch

Tonight was our annual family tradition of The City of Chandler Christmas Tree Lighting and Parade. Last year the girls were old enough to stay for the parade. They LOVED it. So Jimmy and I were really looking forward to this year. Unfortunately however, today was brutally cold (for Arizona) and it was windy and sprinkling. We knew we would not enjoy the night so we decided to look for an alternative parade to attend this year, and the girls are already going to see Santa at Bass Pro shops later this month. That being said, we cancelled our plans. Much to my disappointment. This is the first time in 5 years we have not attended. However, our advent activities continued anyway (always have a back up plan)...



Last night my friend Nina told me about a local used bookstore that was offering a meet and greet and FREE photos with THE GRINCH! What?? We have met Santa many times and even Frosty once, but never The Grinch! I was so excited. We decided to surprise the girls at the bookstore. :)

Here they are having a story time reading of The Grinch before their turn to meet him.




I was excited to see that he was a happy Grinch and not a mean Grinch cause I didn't want the girls to be scared!



He was so huge!



The girls gave him hugs and high fives...




Then we took our photos. One with a NICE face :)



And then an adorable one with their best GRINCH face >:(



Afterwards they were each given a free game and some cookies that they gobbled up while enjoying the rest of story time.




Thank you Changing Hands Bookstore! My girls LOVED meeting The Grinch and the story time, and we hope you do it again next year :) See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny, I can't even get my kids to sit by Santa let alone the Grinch haha.

    ReplyDelete